The X-76 Thermonuclear device, or thermos, is a "low-yield" fusion bomb.
With variable settings, it can level a heavily armored building or create a crater with a quarter mile wide radius. A foot in length, these nukes are smaller versions of thermonuclear charges used to destroy medium to massive sized vessels. Thermoses can be detonated by remote at a maximum distance of 2 miles.
Because of its light weight and size, X-76s can be fitted into rocket launchers and fired at large clusters of enemy infantry or buildings. In extreme cases, the devices are small enough to be equipped to small fighters and/or transports when pinpoint targeting is impossible.
- Causes great damage to structures
- Leaves no background radiation
- Portable and equipable to most Terran aerospace crafts
- Blast area is large enough to take out users if detonating manually
- Failsafes prevent explosion if device is damaged enough
Notes[edit | edit source]