The NV-35 Minigun is a scaled down chain gun that uses magnetic acceleration similar to a gauss rifle to fire 10.87x 35 mm depleted Uranium shells rate of 6000 rounds per minute.
Rounds are stored in a lightly armored case that can be attached to the back of any version of Marine or Marauder-type powered armor or as a backpack via adjustable straps (Predator: Old Painless). Enemy infantry can be turned to mulch by the sheer force of the each round. Even small fighters can be taken down by a short salvo from a NV-35.
Due to its light weight, each NV-35 can be moved relatively quickly into different defensive positions. This is helpful when laying siege to any enemy base, where allied bunkers are very scarce. With the application of a retractable gun shield, users gain an extra layer of protection against most types of ranged weaponry (Vanquish: Robert Burns). Unfortunately, the shield is useless against heavy artillery shells and explosives. Against a tank, its best that a user take cover in a bunker or trench before engaging in battle.
- Good against light to medium infantry/vehicles
- Gun shield provides protection against light ranged weapons
- Can be moved into different defense positions
- Can be attached to light and medium vehicles for additional defense and offense
- Only moderate damage to heavily armored targets
- Gun shield is useless against explosive weaponry
- Weight limits speed and maneuverability of users
- Uses up ammunition quickly using constant fire